- All keywords associated with a publication are displayed in the overview tab of the inspector window.
- If you don't have any keywords associated with a publication
click 'Add keywords' in the overview tab. You see a list of all the
keywords that you currently have in your library. If you want to
add an existing keyword to a publication, click on the keyword and
a tick mark appears next to the keyword indicating that the keyword
is now associated with the publication. If you have a long list of
keywords, use the filter bar to narrow down the keyword that you
want to include.
- If you want to create a new keyword, type the keyword that you want to add to the filter bar and hit the "+" sign to add it. Note that the plus sign only appears once you type in something that doesn't already exist as a keyword.
- You can search your Papers library by keywords. To do so, click on the arrow next to the library search bar and choose 'Keyword' from the drop down menu.
- You can view all publications associated with a certain keyword in the Labels screen. Use the filter bar to narrow down a specific keyword from a long list of keywords.
- To edit or delete keywords, select a keyword that you want to edit/delete from the list and click on the 'settings' icon (at the very bottom of the left hand list) and select edit or delete keyword.
- You can also search for recent publications based on a selected keyword. To do so, select a keyword and click on the 'settings' icon to choose 'Show Recent Papers'. Alternatively, hover your mouse next to the keyword to reveal a search loop.