Start a new topic
In Progress

Email Paper Reference

- Add ability to email a reference to yourself or others. 

17 people like this idea

This is only moderately useful. Instead, being able to export a pdf from the ReadCubePapers iOS app either to another app or mail would allow for much more flexibility that is needed in a group work environment like a research lab. This is more important when annotation, done on an iPad using Apple Pencil, is required to be shared.

11 people like this

This is a MUST HAVE for collaborative work!

6 people like this

would be really helpful to be able email references in an easy way!

3 people like this

Would love this feature. Right now is there a way to quickly share a reference with a team member? Seems like I would have to manually download the pdf then email it. A quick share button should be added!

1 person likes this

We have implemented "Share by Email" on the web. Let us know what you think! We will be adding this in a future update to the IOS and Android apps.

Unfortunately, due to copyright reasons, we are no longer allowed to automatically attach the  PDF to email outside of the app. In the desktop app, you can right click and select "Show in Finder" to make it easier to locate the PDF should you want to manually drag PDF onto the email. 

I would love to have this feature, in particular the ability to email the pdf, on the desktop version. I used it all the time in the old Papers.

3 people like this

... or simply have an easy way to copy the DOI link to the clipboard. 

Not being able to email out of the app is crazy. The user is responsible for the copyright issues - this software is meant to organize *my* collection. How I got access to the .pdf is my business - not my reference organizer’s business. How do I send my annotations to a colleague? This will make me reconsider my plan to use ReadCube versus another vendor versus using Papers3 legacy product.
Login or Signup to post a comment