A common question we get is what are the primary differences between the web and desktop apps - the quick answer is that most of our features are the same across both, so it really is more down to preference than functionality. Having that said, there are some desktop specific features that are unique because they require interacting with your desktop in a way a web app cannot.
- Tab Restoration – Remember open PDFs when closing the app
- Default CitationStyle – Select from over 9000 styles to quick copy and paste references from
- File Management – Keep files organized on your local disk with predefined naming conventions
- Citekey Management – Generate citekeys for all references using predefined naming conventions
- Watch Folders – Add a local file folder to be watched by the desktop to automatically uploadnewPDF’s
- Offline Access– Interact with your library without internet and sync up when you regain internet access
- EndNote Import – Advanced EndNote import allows you to grab PDF’s & references from Endnote quickly
- SmartCite for Citekeys – An offline version of SmartCite that can turn papers with citekeys into a formatted bibliography.